It's 2011... what already?!

Happy New Year!

...

and cause I've been looking up loads of stuff about the places...

Gott Nytt År
(that's Swedish by they way) 

ein gutes neues Jahr
(should be German)

gleðilegt nýtt ár
(Icelandic)

and... laimingų Naujųjų Metų
(which hopefully will be Lithuanian)

Yeah, I'm feeling particularly international at the moment. Propably down to the fact that I have been researching stuff for future camps abroad. As you all know, my grand plan for the scouts is to take them abroad every other year (and every other time abroad would be to Kandersteg International Scout Centre in Switzerland).... so every scout would get the opportunity to experience scouting at Kandersteg and somewhere else in Europe once before moving up to Explorers (I'll leave further afield to the older sections).

Last year we went to Kandersteg, which means that 2012 will be somewhere else is Europe... but where? I've whittled it down to three options (that was a lot of whittling) for my troop, and their parents, to choose from.
1) Austria
2) Germany
3) Iceland

Some of that information has been emailed out to them now, so just waiting for the votes to come in!

Why the Swedish and Lithuanian at the start you ask...?

Well, this year is the Jamboree of course! And what is more I learned shortly before Christmas that I will be going to Lithuania for Home Hospitality.

I just can't believe that it's 2011 already!

0 comments: